UPDATE 02/01/21: First Baptist Church is resuming in-person worship services effective Sunday, February 7, 2021. Please read below for our COVID-19 safety protocols.
There will be two options for accessing our online worship services.
- Live Streaming at 9:30 a.m. Try it out on Sunday morning by going to this part of our website: https://firstbaptistlafayette.org/live/
- On Demand starting at 1 p.m. on Sunday afternoons. The full recorded service will continue to be available on demand, as has been our custom since mid-March. You can find all of our services by going to our Sermon Archive.
In-person worship services will be offered this Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. Please remember that if you do not feel well, if you are exhibiting any symptoms, or if you are in the high-risk category, please worship from home (and let us know if we can do anything to help you!).
Please be prepared for the following adjustments:
- There will be no coffee or refreshments before or after morning worship.
- The nursery will not be open at this time. Children are invited to remain in the sanctuary, where they can be near the children’s worship area, according to your preference.
- Please be prepared to go directly to your seat when you enter, and then leave immediately when the service is over.
- Be prepared to use hand sanitizer when entering the building, and before and after going to the bathroom.
- Be prepared to wear a face mask while you are in the facility.
- Be prepared to keep a distance of at least 6 feet from anyone who does not live in your household, and be prepared to refrain from hugging, shaking hands, etc.
- Be prepared to enjoy our fabulous new projectors.
- Be prepared to enjoy being able to hear well because of the entirely new sound system, microphones, and hearing loops.
We must also adjust what we are physically accustomed to doing during the actual service
- Refrain from singing or speaking out loud,
- Walk offerings to the offering plates,
- Not touching objects that can be shared,
- Pick up a taper for yourself if you want to participate in the candle lighting, and then extinguish the taper in a provided cup of water (instead of blowing it out),
- Exit the sanctuary immediately at the conclusion of worship (please visit with one another outside the facility, and please remain 6 feet apart)
Thank you in advance for your flexibility and adaptability.
However and wherever you choose to worship on Sundays, I look forward to worshiping God with you.
Pastor Lisa Hood